Sitting in the lap of the Himalayas, near the crown of India, Himachal Pradesh is one of the most scenic places in India and leaves no reason to ponder why it attracts such a huge footfall of tourists every year. The home to mini Switzerland of India, Himachal Pradesh boasts numerous hidden gems yet to be explored and has a plethora of activities for the adventurer inside you to get a hang of your desires.
Himachal Pradesh has many advantages to boast of and that is why it attracts so many tourists. Be it’s location, accessibility, wide range of accommodation, food, culture, or the local people, everything in Himachal Pradesh works out to be at an advantage to the state’s tourist attraction.
Himachal Pradesh is located in the northern part of India, at a convenient distance of around 350 kilometers from the National Capital, Delhi. Himachal Pradesh shares its border with Tibet-China in the East, Jammu and Kashmir in the North West, Uttarakhand in the South East and Punjab and Haryana in the West. Due to such an advantageous location, access to Himachal Pradesh is quite easy.
The average climate in Himachal Pradesh throughout the year is generally very pleasant. The average maximum temperature in Himachal Pradesh peaks at 24 degrees Celsius in summers while the maximum temperature in Himachal Pradesh is around 9 degrees Celsius during the winters. The pleasant weather is another reason why Himachal Pradesh stays on the top priority of tourists while planning a trip in India.
Himachal Pradesh is home to a number of tourist-friendly destinations. Let us talk in detail about the must-visit destinations in Himachal Pradesh if you are planning a tour to Himachal.
- Bir Billing: Bir Billing, in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, is very famous for the adventure sports the place has on offer. Activities like paragliding, trekking, camping and the likes can all be experienced in Bir Billing. You can reach Bir Billing easily Palampur and Joginder Nagar.
- Janjehli: Janjehli, in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh, is a picturesque valley sitting at an altitude of 2150 meters. It is a perfect spot for tourists who wish to get a blend of natural involvement in their trip, and return back home with total peace at mind. Janjehli valley can be reached easily from Mandi city.
- Chanshal: Chanshal, in the Shimla district of Himachal Pradesh, is an untouched snow-clad valley of Himachal Pradesh, known for its picturesque views and the peace of mind it offers. The snow-clad mountains in here speak for themselves. Chanshal can be reached by hiring public transport from Shimla.
- Kasol: Kasol, in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, is an adorable valley sitting in the lap of mountains that honors numerous opportunities for adventure lovers, from water rafting to night camping. Kasol can be reached easily from Kullu and Shimla.
- Dalhousie: Dalhousie, in the Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, is another jewel of Himachal Pradesh that can take you to altogether new levels of serenity and left you bewildered with the serenity and calmness on offer. One can easily reach Dalhousie from Pathankot.
Himachal Pradesh, with so much on offer, is a unique destination in its own and must be explored to length and breadth by all the travel freaks. So, planning a trip, why not head to Himachal Pradesh?